Suggestion Box

123

Suggestion Box

stlsoapchick
Administrator

If you have any suggestions for the board, let me know.

I've already heard that people prefer a dark text on a light background for easier reading.  That's why the current color scheme.  I may tweak it some, but not greatly.

From what I've seen, I don't think I can add additional emotes/smiles onto the menu, but you are welcome to look on Photobucket and add your own.

Re: Suggestion Box

Agethekids
Got a question,  does it say which threads have new posts in it?  I didn't notice it.  We have to just check them as we go?

Father Ray is mine ladies, back off! ~Darth Peep~

Re: Suggestion Box

stlsoapchick
Administrator
Agethekids wrote
Got a question,  does it say which threads have new posts in it?  I didn't notice it.  We have to just check them as we go?
No, there isn't any kind of "new post" indicator that I have found.  You just kinda have to go from memory of where you left off.

Re: Suggestion Box

Agethekids
Okies ty!  That one will get annoying,  but at least it's better than the shit board LOL!

Father Ray is mine ladies, back off! ~Darth Peep~

Re: Suggestion Box

tig96
Hi...and thanks for starting this board. I'm so glad that I can finally chat with friends that I haven't been able to since I can't sign in to the old board anymore. Not reeally a suggestion but was wondering what thread to jump in and chat. LIke HELLO I'm here!! LOL

Re: Suggestion Box

Agethekids
tig96 wrote
Hi...and thanks for starting this board. I'm so glad that I can finally chat with friends that I haven't been able to since I can't sign in to the old board anymore. Not reeally a suggestion but was wondering what thread to jump in and chat. LIke HELLO I'm here!! LOL
Anywhere LOL!  The RL one and Who wants to shoot G is pretty much where everyone else did LOL!  Glad to still be able to chat with ya Tig!

Had to edit this,  love the pic you added of your lil one and her lil one!  How is everyone doing?

Father Ray is mine ladies, back off! ~Darth Peep~

Re: Suggestion Box

dixie
stlsoapchick wrote
Agethekids wrote
Got a question,  does it say which threads have new posts in it?  I didn't notice it.  We have to just check them as we go?
No, there isn't any kind of "new post" indicator that I have found.  You just kinda have to go from memory of where you left off.
see the little flag in the upper right hand corner of the post box? if you click on that flag it turns red. when you return, you can click on your name, personal settings and then flagged posts. it will bring you right back where you left off. i think.

Re: Suggestion Box

Agethekids
dixie wrote
see the little flag in the upper right hand corner of the post box? if you click on that flag it turns red. when you return, you can click on your name, personal settings and then flagged posts. it will bring you right back where you left off. i think.

*sigh*  LOL!  Yeah  maybe I should read through and try shit before asking next time!  Ty Dix,  will try it and see if it works!

Father Ray is mine ladies, back off! ~Darth Peep~

Re: Suggestion Box

bernadetteny
dixie wrote
see the little flag in the upper right hand corner of the post box? if you click on that flag it turns red. when you return, you can click on your name, personal settings and then flagged posts. it will bring you right back where you left off. i think.

holy cleverness batman!!  great tip dix, ur the woman.
75

Re: Suggestion Box

75
dixie wrote
stlsoapchick wrote
Agethekids wrote
Got a question,  does it say which threads have new posts in it?  I didn't notice it.  We have to just check them as we go?
No, there isn't any kind of "new post" indicator that I have found.  You just kinda have to go from memory of where you left off.
see the little flag in the upper right hand corner of the post box? if you click on that flag it turns red. when you return, you can click on your name, personal settings and then flagged posts. it will bring you right back where you left off. i think.
you're right, dixie. Just remember to click the red flag again or it will take you back to the same spot over and over. lol Wish the shitboard had a feature like that.

icon by amanda; banner by evildeathchik

Re: Suggestion Box

bernadetteny
grrrrrr soap, some of the game threads are frozen for me.

this or that all soaps,   abc tv shows, and this or that gl

grrrrr, grrrrr, grrrrrrr

ETA:  they started working again.  pfft

Re: Suggestion Box

gllooker
Hey soap,

Looks like you've done a great job putting this board together.   I've read posts of yours in the recent
weeks at the good CBS board where you have quite a bit of experience at this sort of thing.   I'll come
find you guys over here as I don't see myself spending much over at the crap board of CBS.   I just
registered a moment ago and will have to spend a little time here to get acquainted with everything,
but I can plainly see that this is much more user friendly that what CBS is trying to pass off as their
new and improved board.   I see that you have a pet thread, I'll be taking a look at that for sure.
You have a blessed day and good weekend.       gll

Re: Suggestion Box

bernadetteny
soap i had an idea for two more game threads, but i wanted u to start them, it looks nicer with ur avatar next to all of them.

abc  movie stars    and    atwt this or that

Re: Suggestion Box

stlsoapchick
Administrator
bernadetteny wrote
abc  movie stars    and    atwt this or that
Done!

I wasn't sure how many people watched which soaps, so I wasn't sure if I should have done more "this or that" with other soaps.

Re: Suggestion Box

bernadetteny
stlsoapchick wrote
Done!

I wasn't sure how many people watched which soaps, so I wasn't sure if I should have done more "this or that" with other soaps.
yeah i noticed alot of us watch atwt so i thought that one might be fun.

Re: Suggestion Box

dixie
this may sound like trivial request, and possibly out of your control, but i thought i'd ask anyway.

is it possible to change the color of the quoted messages or that of the replies? i ask because i am going bug eyed trying to figure out which is which. to my old eyes, the blue and black look almost the same. if not, thats cool. as usual, i'm looking for the easy button. lol

Re: Suggestion Box

stlsoapchick
Administrator
dixie wrote
is it possible to change the color of the quoted messages or that of the replies? i ask because i am going bug eyed trying to figure out which is which. to my old eyes, the blue and black look almost the same. if not, thats cool. as usual, i'm looking for the easy button. lol
I just changed the quoted messages to a dark purple color and I also changed the regular text from a dark grey to flat black.

Let me know if that is enough contrast.  I can always tweak the quoted info to a more contasting color if the purple doesn't cut it.

Re: Suggestion Box

dixie
stlsoapchick wrote
dixie wrote
is it possible to change the color of the quoted messages or that of the replies? i ask because i am going bug eyed trying to figure out which is which. to my old eyes, the blue and black look almost the same. if not, thats cool. as usual, i'm looking for the easy button. lol
I just changed the quoted messages to a dark purple color and I also changed the regular text from a dark grey to flat black.

Let me know if that is enough contrast.  I can always tweak the quoted info to a more contasting color if the purple doesn't cut it.
wow! much better...thank you so much.

Re: Suggestion Box

bernadetteny
soap, i just noticed some of the subtle changes and additions you've made.  they're terrific!  thanks for making this board for us and for putting in the time to learn the ins and outs of nabble to perfect it!

you're the best!

SmileyCentral.com

Re: Suggestion Box

MrsDaley
I have a question.  Is it possible to make my siggy 2 lines?  I tried adding spaces in between and lines in between but it comes out as one line.  If not, I'll just change the order of it.  Thanks.
Immunity: Frank SmileyCentral.com
SmileyCentral.com Gnat Control Patrol...ZAP!
123